Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Music 2009

To follow up on my first post regarding the Best of 2009 as chosen by all sorts of media outlets, I wanted to share a list of my own.  Rather than a defined, ordered list like the other sites have, I like to pick my favorite albums from the year and then pick a favorite song from each to put onto a "New Music" mix cd.  It's easier than narrowing everything down to one song, album and artist, and it gives me a way to look back and remember a specific year.  I'm still working on the mix for 2009, but so far, here is a list of the artists and albums that I plan on incorporating (listed alphabetically, by band):

The Airborne Toxic Event - The Airborne Toxic Event
Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
The Avett Brothers - I And Love And You
Trent Dabbs - Your Side Now
Dashboard Confessional - Alter The Ending
Dawes - North Hills
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Jedd Hughes - Jedd Hughes
Mat Kearney - City of Black & White
John Lefler - Better By Design
Meese - Broadcast
Metric - Fantasies
Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
Conor Oberst and The Mystic Valley Band - Outer South
Our Lady Peace - Burn Burn
Pearl Jam - Backspacer
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
U2 - No Line On The Horizon
M. Ward - Hold Time
Weezer - Raditude
Wild Light - Adult Nights


When I'm done creating the mix, I'll post it here, and since I've been doing this since 2000, maybe in future posts I'll go back and share some of the older mixes.  It's think it's really interesting to look at how my tastes evolve and change from year to year.

1 comments:

Shari said...

Can't wait for this year's mix!